Just sharing some of my inconsequential lunch conversations with you... RSS  

Monday, May 26, 2008

Isn't pipeline a great pattern?

Yesterday I finally bought a grip for my old EOS 10D. I got it on eBay, and when I tried to pay with VISA I've found out it had been canceled - my bank canceled the old one and I'm waiting for the new one to get through mail...

Anyway, I did pay for the grip. How? Experimenting the beautiful pattern of pipelining. Here's how:

  1. on my homebanking, got a token to MBNET (Portuguese temporary VISA service);
  2. with this token, got a temporary VISA card;
  3. with this temporary VISA card, registered myself on PayPal;
  4. with my PayPal, sent money to a German guy that is selling the grip.

If these services didn't pipeline, the German guy needed to know how to interact with my Portuguese bank. Isn't pipelining just great?

No comments:

Development Catharsis :: Copyright 2006 Mário Romano