Just sharing some of my inconsequential lunch conversations with you... RSS  

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Upgrading HTC Hero to Android 2.1

I’ve finally upgraded to Android 2.1 the HTC Hero (T-Mobile G2) I’ve been using. For the most part this is a safe process, and the chances to brick it are virtually none (if understand it correctly !…).

Here’s the guide I’ve followed: [Guide] Complete Newbie Guide to Install a Custom Rom [Updated 16/07]. And yes, I had to “Goldcard” it…

I’ve tried out a few ROMs and stopped at VanillaEclair 5.0-build7 – for no particular reason. It worked, some of the others had some flaw that I’ve encountered, I’m afraid it wasn’t a very scientific decision...

For the little I’ve tested, I’ve I liked:

  • The mail. Finally!
  • VPN and proxy support.

What I didn’t like:

  • Loosing the cool HTC apps and widget… oh well..

 

<update>

I’m afraid I couldn’t connect to my company’s VPN :(

<update>

No comments:

Development Catharsis :: Copyright 2006 Mário Romano