Just sharing some of my inconsequential lunch conversations with you... RSS  

Saturday, October 24, 2009

eSATA versus USB

LaCie Hard Disk, Design by Neil Poulton

I’ve finally bought an eSATA external drive, a 1GB LaCie. Has it supports eSATA + Firewire + USB, I’ve decided to do a little home benchmarking. Here are the results:

 

USB

image

 

eSATA

image

 

Uau!… Bye-bye USB, here’s my new VM disk :)

 

And here are my internal disk results:

 

image

 

Strangely enough, these are worse than eSATA.

 

Update: I’m copying my VMs to my new eSATA external drive at 57MB/s. Cool.

 

<update>

Here’s a benchmark for another drive and external case (with eSATA):

image

This is a 2.5 disk. And the benchmark results are not so bright…

</update>

 

<update>

And here’s yet another cool setting from another development server we have:

hdtach

</update>

No comments:

Development Catharsis :: Copyright 2006 Mário Romano