Just sharing some of my inconsequential lunch conversations with you... RSS  

Monday, November 19, 2007

Pair Programming vs. Code Reviews

Jeff Atwood as just posted his thoughts about Pair Programming vs. Code Reviews. And the double-checking of source code is not the only thing we gain.

I've never tried the classic XP pair programming. As dev lead I often do mentoring and code reviews. And it is one of the best way to learn new ways of work.

Whenever I can I invite myself to accompany other teams in order to learn as much as I can. It's a great way to drink new ideas, new technologies, new ways of work.

Why are these practices so positive? Because they promote communication, discussion, validation and knowledge sharing.

No comments:

Development Catharsis :: Copyright 2006 Mário Romano