Just sharing some of my inconsequential lunch conversations with you... RSS  

Monday, December 18, 2006

REF: Using the Rake Build Language

Despite my visceral hate for languages like Ruby, here is an good example of (internal) DSL usage, from Fowler's site:

Rake is a build language, similar in purpose to make and ant. Like make and
ant it's a Domain Specific Language, unlike those two it's an internal DSL programmed in the Ruby language. In this article I introduce rake and describe some interesting things that came out of my use of rake to build this web site: dependency models, synthesized tasks, custom build routines and debugging the build script.

Very interesting from the DSL perspective. Hope I will never have to use it :)

No comments:

Development Catharsis :: Copyright 2006 Mário Romano