Mono 2 has been released!
Here are my highlights from Mono's highlights:
Microsoft Compatible APIs
- ADO.NET 2.0 API for accessing databases.
- ASP.NET 2.0 API for developing Web-based applications.
- Windows.Forms 2.0 API to create desktop applications.
- System.XML 2.0: An API to manipulate XML documents.
- System.Core: Provides support for the Language Integrated Query (LINQ).
- System.Xml.Linq: Provides a LINQ provider for XML.
- System.Drawing 2.0 API: A portable graphics rendering API.
- C# 3.0 compiler implementation, with full support for LINQ.
Windows.Forms: New Controls
- ToolStrip and MenuStrip
- WebBrowser (based on Gecko!)
Pretty cool. Can't wait to get it on my Mac OS - hopefully I can get Windows.Forms to work there, Apple has broken Mono's Windows.Forms on 10.5. Let's see if can get back to writing cross-platform Windows.Forms apps again :)