Just sharing some of my inconsequential lunch conversations with you... RSS  

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Storex MPIX 355 400Go

I've just purchased a Storex MPIX 355 400Go. I needed a device to store and display my photos, and this was the cheapest choice.

I'm very disapointed with the device. Here's my experience until now:

  • .XP recognized the device, but didn't mount the disk;
  • I downloaded the fat32 formater - the only useful info I got from the poor documentation (although the provided link had a redirection error); as expected, no drive was available for formating;
  • I had to create a partition on 'Disk Management'; then I've formated it on NTFS just to get the fat32 formater to work - the utility worked as expected: I now had a 370GB fat32 drive
  • I've copied some JPG files to the disk and plug it into the TV: no directories or files found! No wonder, the device reports 900GB free, 1100GB used!
  • www.storex.eu alternated between terribly slow and unavailable for maintenance; even now I still could't get to the faqs page, and there isn't one single download for MPIX 355; most of the references on the net are in french, a language I'm not confortable with;
Now the pros:
  • Solid (conservative)
  • Silence
Probably my unit is faulty, and I'll have to replace it after contacting their customer service. Yet, a great lack of quality from them...

No comments:

Development Catharsis :: Copyright 2006 Mário Romano