Just sharing some of my inconsequential lunch conversations with you... RSS  

Sunday, January 03, 2010

TMN SilverBelt: take 2

After only a week of usage I’ve returned my SilverBelt and asked for a new unit. The only serious problem I had with it was the battery – it didn’t last for a day with the exact same usage as my old HTC 3300.

The new unit had the same problem, so I had to cut some waste. I started by opting out 3G over GSM. It saved me a bit, but not enough to get me through the day.

The workaround to get me through the day was quite drastic: I had to disable push mail, and opt for a 1h pooling. But now I can get through the day.

So my verdict is:

  • Cool display size – though a little “deaf”;
  • Windows Mobile 6.5 is heading in the right direction (and way), but it is still a no go; ZTE/TMN “shell “ is poor, to say the least;
  • Quite acceptable value for your money – ok, doesn’t support MultiTouch, accelerometer and digital compass, but we can’t really ask that for this price, can we? Ok, Pulse doesn’t support digital compass…
  • Unusable for a communicating kind of guy

So I’m again on ebay looking for a bargain on a:

  • iPhone 3GS
  • HTC Hero
  • T-Mobile Pulse

Until them, SilverBelt will do just fine.

PS: ok, some of these units don’t support PushMail, so this option is not entirely rational, is it? Who cares, its a gadget, if chosen without the heart will defy its purpose :)

No comments:

Development Catharsis :: Copyright 2006 Mário Romano