Just sharing some of my inconsequential lunch conversations with you... RSS  

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Macros and templates

One of the most disappointing experience I had with Visual Studio 1.51 was the absence of template support.

I wasn't used to work without templates anymore. Even worse, I was porting Borland's code that depended heavily on templates. So I used macros. It worked like this:

I defined a macro for the class instantiation (the parameter being the class), and another one for class usage. The templates them selfs ended up easy to port. The code wasn't so nice to read, but it worked.

One of the features I lacked more from my C++ times was template support. It's strange having to wait for so long for generics to re-enter the scenes...

No comments:

Development Catharsis :: Copyright 2006 Mário Romano