Just sharing some of my inconsequential lunch conversations with you... RSS  

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Microsoft Pro Photo Tools

I have mixed feelings about this tool. It is simple to use, allows GPS data to be added to my photos, integrates with Virtual Earth, and finally: it is a .NET application :)

On the other side it seems quite unpolished. For instance, it often crashes upon unexpected scenarios, and uses the regional settings to load the NMEA data. Yes, I have to change my settings in order to run this tool... Another particularity about this piece of software is that its first versions weren't obfuscated.

It's a pity that the application I use for my photo capture workflow, Adobe LightRoom, doesn't support it yet. But wait, there's a plugin, geotag-lightroom-plugin. I'll give it a try.

No comments:

Development Catharsis :: Copyright 2006 Mário Romano