Just sharing some of my inconsequential lunch conversations with you... RSS  

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

I finally got myself a wattmeter

I've bought it for 26€ on AKI. It measures:

  • tension (V)
  • current (A)
  • power (W)
  • work (kW/h)
  • cost

I just tried it on the remainings of my datacenter. And here are the first results (as informal averages):

  • Celeron 2400: 100 110W
  • 600VA UPS: 75 30W (oops...)
  • Wireless Router + ADSL Modem: 25 18W (arghh, 2 separate sets... must combine them to save power)
  • 17' TFT: 15W
  • Wireless Phone: 3 4W

My next readings will be over:
  • my chargers room (as a good geek, I have a bunch of gadgets who love sucking up power) ;
  • on the equipments I usually standby;
  • my battery chargers;
  • on my laptops (particularly on my laptop disconnected chargers);
  • and finally on the fridge.

[update] I'm paying something like 0,12€ per kW/h , so we're talking about 15€ / month. To save energy, I will:
  • continue to move servers from my silly datacenter into hosting infrastructure;
  • disconnect my UPS;
  • continue to disconnect standbys;

No comments:

Development Catharsis :: Copyright 2006 Mário Romano