Just sharing some of my inconsequential lunch conversations with you... RSS  

Friday, July 25, 2008

Fighting for my rights paid off

Here in Portugal ISP customer rights are often neglected by our ISPs. I change my ISP operator every now and then, always looking for better quality of service and price.

A couple of months ago I changed back to Zon (NetCabo). I was used to the poor technical service all ISPs observed, but I wasn't prepared for this: I was offered a 47€ monthly fee, and was charged 53,6€!

After a couple of days wasting hours on the phone trying to correct the value, I finally gave up and asked for the contract cancellation. The operator said they would have to redirect the call to a "special team".

The "special team" are the folks they redirect the calls to maintain the customer. They tried to offer me a deal, which I refused. I told them I already had my deal, they just weren't honoring it! I told them they where proposing me what I already had making it look like a gift!

And then the "special team" very politely offered me 42€ monthly fee. Uau, what a nice proposal! I've accepted it immediately!

Let's hope that this verbal contract works better then the first one.

<update>

My service remains same as before:

  • cable tv (classic)
  • 8Mbps/512Kbps (no traffic limit)
  • phone (traffic included for Portugal land lines)

</update>

PS: the actual offer was 40,09€ - I've used the prices with the original 21% VAT for a correct comparison - VAT was lowered to 20% from the start of the contract.

No comments:

Development Catharsis :: Copyright 2006 Mário Romano