Just sharing some of my inconsequential lunch conversations with you... RSS  

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

VOIP on my Mobile

For some strange reason, my HTC official ROM doesn't support internet calling. So I've followed a friends link (thanks Rasteiro), and installed internet calling support (ftp://xda:xda@ftp.xda-developers.com/Hermes/WMXL_Support_Files/WM6VoIP.CAB). Though it works, it has it's problems (calls "forced" through the speakerphone, erroneous information messages, ...).

So now I'm trying fring. fring is a mobile internet service that enables you to access your social networks on-the-go, make free calls and live chat with all your fring, Skype, MSN Messenger, Google Talk, ICQ, SIP, Twitter, Yahoo! and AIM.

I'm using it over my WiFi back in home to talk to land line over voipcheap.com. But wait, my phone signature already give me that for free, with way more quality. So why do I do it?

Because I can. Because it's fun. Because I can reach more people over all those networks. And probably because there is no better way to waste half of my phone battery on no more then half of hour call... :S

1 comment:

john said...

Compra um iphone que vais ter aplicações para todos os teus sites de social network.

João Reis

Development Catharsis :: Copyright 2006 Mário Romano