Just sharing some of my inconsequential lunch conversations with you... RSS  

Monday, January 21, 2008

0xc0000142

Ever got this?

Application Error : The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142). Click on OK to terminate the application.
Once in a while, I got this message that prevents me to log back into my Vista back at work through a remote desktop. Then I'm forced to log as another administrator, kill the useless session (sometimes loosing some useful context), and finally logging back as my favorite user: me!

After googling around it seems like Windows still has some stupid limits hard coded, one of them seems to like the non-interactive window station desktop heap is too small. In fact it makes sense on my usage as I'm one of those guys that load thousands of apps.

Anyway, isn't it strange when one of the best desktop OSs money can buy still depends on these kind of static configuration?

No comments:

Development Catharsis :: Copyright 2006 Mário Romano