Just sharing some of my inconsequential lunch conversations with you... RSS  

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The technical book I enjoyed the most

Yes, I know, to be technologically correct I should choose something like GoF's Design Patterns, McConnell's Code Complete or Rapid Development, Brooks's The Mythical Man-Month or even something from Fowler. But the technical book I enjoyed the most was: "Undocumented Windows".

I've lost track of my "Undocumented Windows" copy, but I've found a review which makes reference to some of the insane undocumented functions names like:

  • Death
  • Resurrection
  • PrestoChangoSelector
  • TabTheTextOutForWimps
  • WinOldAppHackOMatic
  • UserSeeUserDo
  • Bunny_351
  • Brute
  • FixUpBogusPublisherMetaFile
I still have to look for other crazy names, this list seems too poor. Oh, well, the next time you find a silly function name, just get back to this post and think again...

No comments:

Development Catharsis :: Copyright 2006 Mário Romano