Just sharing some of my inconsequential lunch conversations with you... RSS  

Monday, May 11, 2009

Look what we’ve found in the drawer…

IMG_3805

IBM OS/2 disk 6/16 !!! Isn’t it cool? I still remember installing Chicago (Windows 95 codename) on a 24 disk distribution! Or running good old MS-DOS 3.3 on a couple of 5¼-inch floppy disk. And though I’m not that old, I still participated on a project where 8-inch floppies were involved – even if I didn’t get to work with them :S

The next time someone complains about their flash’s pen performance, just surf to this page and you’ll probably feel better.

Boy, am I nostalgic…

<update>

Now that we are talking about punch cards, here’s a cool trivia:

The 80-column width of most character terminals is a legacy of the IBM punched card; so is the size of the quick-reference cards distributed with many varieties of computers even today.

</update>

No comments:

Development Catharsis :: Copyright 2006 Mário Romano