Just sharing some of my inconsequential lunch conversations with you... RSS  

Wednesday, November 04, 2009

VMWare Player 3

I’ve upgraded VMWare Player to v3, and I’m having some mixed thoughts about it:

 

The good:

  • We can create and update VM settings from within VMWare Player – no more VMX Builder for the majority of tasks
  • VMWare tools are self-updatable from the net
  • update: Multiple display support
  • update: Unity support

 

The bad:

 

These last 2 seem to be dependent on a licensed Workstation copy. I can understand that VMWare wants to support its business, what I find hard to understand is why do they keep announcing the bloody features on the menu if they don’t intent to support it? Argh…

Oh well, still a great update.

<update>

I forgot to mention it: the display driver seems substantially slightly slower on my Windows 7…

</update>

No comments:

Development Catharsis :: Copyright 2006 Mário Romano