Just sharing some of my inconsequential lunch conversations with you... RSS  

Monday, November 23, 2009

Error converting Oracle VM

We’ve been converting out VMWare Server 1 and 2 to ESXi4. Today 2 of out Oracle servers stopped working after being VMWareConverted to ESXi. For some strange reason, oracle just managed to screw up the instance, and we got the following error:

ORA-01034 : ORACLE not available
ORA-27101 : shared memory realm does not exist

I had to re-register the service. Something like:

SET ORACLE_HOME=<my oracle home>
SET ORACLE_SID=<my oracle sid>

# delete service
oradim -delete -sid MCH9

# register service
oradim -new -sid <my oracle sid> -intpwd <my sysdba password> -startmode AUTO -pfile <my init.ora>




No comments:

Development Catharsis :: Copyright 2006 Mário Romano