Just sharing some of my inconsequential lunch conversations with you... RSS  

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Like a kid on a candy shop

That's how I feel on my Mac: like a kid on a candy shop!

I'm trying everything I can get my hands on. I've installed macports, an open-source community initiative to design an easy-to-use system for getting, compiling, installing, and upgrading either command-line, X11 or Aqua based open-source software on Mac OS. There are currently 4788 ports there! You just have to type something like:

port install apache2
And that's it! I'm now using macports to install CocoaSharp, a project geared to bridge OS X with the Mono development environment. It seems like I'm getting C# and .NET into XCode.

And Eclipse, the evil brother, also got same space on my drive. Not that I will use it often, but there it is if I get sleepless...

And above all, good old Visual Studio keeps getting most of my attention on my XP VM. With Safari as a browser :)

These are happy days for this bored old developer. I know, as an old guy I should be talking about the good old days of THINK C, Turbo Pascal and MSC 5.1. But the exciting time is now, and is getting better!

PS: ok, the cool and fashionable dynamic languages couldn't get into my disk. As an old man, I'm entitled to some irrational hate, don't I? Maybe one day...

No comments:

Development Catharsis :: Copyright 2006 Mário Romano