Just sharing some of my inconsequential lunch conversations with you... RSS  

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Broadcasting from Ubuntu 7.10 - the Gutsy Gibbon LiveCD

Here it is, finally.

Funny how the Linux community is finally getting the hang of it - eye candy works!

Ok, if you go to System > Preferences > Appearance > Visual Effects and set to -Extra-, you'll get a lot of laughs on the room <update> - for the window moving, the tab switching looks just great</update>. But still on the right track. Unfortunately I couldn't get the desktop cube to do it's magic.

Ubuntu rocks on the LiveCD experience. Just about everything just works! Pretty cool! And without sacrificing my Vista installation. I'll keep this CD nearby, just in case.

[Update] Sorry, guys, I couldn't help finishing this posting from within Vista. Another cool feature, though not new to Ubuntu: we can read and write over our NTFS partitions. Cool.

No comments:

Development Catharsis :: Copyright 2006 Mário Romano