Just sharing some of my inconsequential lunch conversations with you... RSS  

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Some Silverlight video problems

I started seeing the video of Scott Guthrie demonstrating MVC to ALT.NET crowd using Hanselman's Silverlight page. As the viewing experience was just awful, I've stopped to check what was happening: it was chewing 700MB on my poor old 256MB laptop! Yeap, I'm still using a 256MB PIII laptop. And yes, if you want to know, it boots up chewing no more then 80MB - although most people refuse to believe... And that's loading the wireless drivers and explorer...

As I was using Firefox, I've tried switching to IE. Even worse, it just freezes on the first image...

Then I've tried to point MediaPlayer to the WMV itself, but couldn't get to seek through the content. I'm finally downloading the full WMV (from here). Hope I can finally see all of the demo - probably commuting on my Zen M:Vision...

No comments:

Development Catharsis :: Copyright 2006 Mário Romano