Just sharing some of my inconsequential lunch conversations with you... RSS  

Monday, October 29, 2007

Posting like their is no tomorrow

This is my 100th post in October. My good friend André Cardoso has posted yesterday the following comment in anticipation for this moment:


October has been a productive month in post generation ;)

Almost 100 posts... 2 days to go, and 3 posts left.

Keep up posting (or jabbing, as Jeff Atwood puts it - http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/archives/000983.html)

Huau, jabbing, let say what Atwood is saying:

My theory is that lead generation derives from Google rank and that the best way to increase Google rank is to be like a professional fighter: neither jabs nor haymakers are enough. You must be always jabbing and you must regularly throw haymakers. Blog continuously to keep your hit-rate and link-traffic high and write longer pieces, containing the high-value words associated with your niche, occasionally.

And continues saying:

I don't care if you suck at writing. I don't care if nobody reads your blog. I don't care if you have nothing interesting to say. If you can demonstrate a willingness to write, and a desire to keep continually improving your writing, you will eventually be successful.

Hey, Jeff's reading my blog after all! Ummm, here's where I no longer agree with Atwood. Jeff, quality is good, or else you'll end up loosing your time reading pathetic blogs like mine. Jeff goes on:

As near as I can tell, between RSS stats and log stats, around 100,000 people read this blog every day

That's right, Jeff, I'm with you. Except that I get 70 unique visitors on a good day, and don't have a clue of how many people read my blog from RSS.

Jeff sees blogging as a way to success. I look for blogging as a way to give something back to the net, building a free and global knowledge base. And doing so we are also doing a social and political revolution: ending the era of editors and opinion makers. And yes, I'm also hooked up with blogging, so blogging is also a therapy.

Do your self a favor: save your time reading silly blogs like this one and start posting your own blog! Act now!

No comments:

Development Catharsis :: Copyright 2006 Mário Romano