Just sharing some of my inconsequential lunch conversations with you... RSS  

Monday, October 22, 2007

F# Learning - checkpoint

I've reached half of the 'Foundations of C#' so I decided to drop some lines. In the last year I had read a lot of F# samples, and they tend to be as clean as they could be. I now have the clear understanding that people who designed F# (or the languages that influenced F#) designed it for usage in the "real world". Yes, F# definitely is not a purist Functional Programming language. It cames packed with some of the imperative constructs that we know so well, right next to the cool FP goodies.

My next chapters will be 8 and 9, User Interfaces and Data Access. Yeap, looks like I'm about to enter the real world now.

No comments:

Development Catharsis :: Copyright 2006 Mário Romano