Just sharing some of my inconsequential lunch conversations with you... RSS  

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Don't you just hate stupid software?

I've just bought an inexpensive Wireless LAN PCI Card to the remaining last server of my home datacenter. It is a TOPCOM Skyr@cer PCI 2101gmr, and comes with 3 impressive antennas.

I must admit: the 3 impressive antennas made me buy it. Yeap, read no review whatsoever, just went to MediaMarkt and got the cheaper card with lots of antennas. Not a bright idea, right?

The card works fine, with a little bug problem: SSID broadcast must be enabled! Not a security risk, nevertheless a pain in the ****. And the 3 independent antennas, each dedicated to TX, RX and whathever, just can't be as performant as my old PCMCIA cards...

Well, at least it was cheap...

No comments:

Development Catharsis :: Copyright 2006 Mário Romano