Just sharing some of my inconsequential lunch conversations with you... RSS  

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

How to exclude your own visits from Google Analytics and ClustrMaps

Tiago has just posted about how to exclude your own visits from Google Analytics and ClustrMaps. This is an important operation for blogs like devcatharsis who have few hits, so the simple fact of checking if the posting is ok can influence the logs.

[update]
He, eh, I'm not a great fan of Adblock, so I've just installed it now and subscribed a filter. As a side-effect, I've stopped receiving Google AdSense. I'm not sure this is a good idea, advertising is not only one of the proven business-models around the internet, but can also be seen as the bridge between sites we often browse and businesses that relate to them. Does this make sense, aren't we also kind of breaking the net doing this?

No comments:

Development Catharsis :: Copyright 2006 Mário Romano