Just sharing some of my inconsequential lunch conversations with you... RSS  

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Downloading Visual Studio 2008

Wrong timing, dudes! Who in hell's name had the silly idea of changing the MSDN downloader just now that VS2008 is coming? Cool, now the downloader is totally WEBished, so what? Here's my experience until now:

  1. My IE7 on vista just returned a fatal error.
  2. Tried it on a VM running XP, downloading to a share on the host. Downloaded 100%... and stopped, leaving the file open. Obviously the iso was not complete. And yes, I've checked it.
  3. I'm trying another go from the some VM. I'll tell you something about it tomorrow...
[update]
Yesterday's tomorrow is today, and it's here. Yuppie!

No comments:

Development Catharsis :: Copyright 2006 Mário Romano