Just sharing some of my inconsequential lunch conversations with you... RSS  

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Is Microsoft MVC replacing MonoRail?

Hammett has just posted about it:

And what happens to MonoRail? - you may ask. I’m not sure. I was really adamant that they should try to support all things that MonoRail support, but I’m not sure they are going for that. MonoRail 2.0 is pending their implementation. If the final MS MVC rocks, and provides so many things, I’d vote for forget the MR 2. If the final MS MVC has clearly something lacking, MR 2 could reuse the infrastructure and provide some nice extensions.

And goes on:

But surprisingly - at least to me - is how MS is approaching this framework. They are not in a rush, they are more concerned about getting it right than getting it done fast. My overall impression is that they are really crafting a framework. Dude, if I had the time and resources to do the same thing, Castle would be very different….
We cannot be surprised when someone comments on this post is:

Too bad you aren’t a part of that team. They make you any offers yet?

No comments:

Development Catharsis :: Copyright 2006 Mário Romano