Just sharing some of my inconsequential lunch conversations with you... RSS  

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Internet Explorer 8 correctly renders the Acid2 browser test

IE (8 beta) finally passed the Acid2 test (a test that determines how well a browser works with several different web standards)!

IEBlog states:

The key goal (for the Web Standards Project as well as many other groups and individuals) is interoperability. As a developer, I’d prefer to not have to write the same site multiple times for different browsers. Standards are a (critical!) means to this end, and we focus on the standards that will help actual, real-world interoperability the most. As a consumer and a developer, I expect stuff to just work, and I also expect backwards compatibility. When I get a new version of my current browser, I expect all the sites that worked before will still work.

The world is definitely changing :)

No comments:

Development Catharsis :: Copyright 2006 Mário Romano