Just sharing some of my inconsequential lunch conversations with you... RSS  

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

NHibernate slow "warm-up" solved

We finally found a solution for the NHibernate slow "warm-up":

    <add key="hibernate.use_reflection_optimizer" value="false"/>

The solution was found here. Our startup is finally a fast one! We are now going to test our integration tests against this option to figure out the impact. One thing's for sure: on our development environments, this is definitely the best option.

Diogo Henriques, as our NHibernate guru, has also proposed an alternative approach: serializing the configuration. I'll post the results as soon as we get them.

1 comment:

Reynold Thurman said...

Are you using NHibernate 1.0.2 or 1.2? Our NHibernate startup used to be slow for me with 1.0.2. If I add the key="hibernate.use_reflection_optimizer" value="false", it helps. With NHibernate 1.2, I am not seeing any startup gain with this setting. Version 1.2 starts up much faster for me than 1.0.2.

Development Catharsis :: Copyright 2006 Mário Romano