Just sharing some of my inconsequential lunch conversations with you... RSS  

Sunday, December 02, 2007

Blogspot vs WordPress

My wife's blog is hosted at wordpress. It was:

  • easier to set that my blogger blog;
  • has a better offer of clean and beautiful templates;
  • has more options built-in;
But whenever she wants more, wordpress (the hosted version) just can't help her. Let me give you a some examples:
  • analytics support: wordpress has native google analytics support, but offers a limited dashboard;
  • google adsense: just doesn't support it;
  • any extension to the blog is disallowed - she can't even post a simple javascript.

I'm glad I chose blogger - as a matter of fact I started on wordpress too. It's not the best software in the world, but it is as open as I need it.

No comments:

Development Catharsis :: Copyright 2006 Mário Romano